- Plug in the DI-624
- Search for available networks with your wireless-enabled device and connect to the network called "default"
- Use a web browser to connect to 192.168.0.1 and, when prompted for a user name and password enter "admin" and no password. Click Ok.
- On the Home tab click the Wireless button.
- Enter in a new SSID and click Apply (this is the name the wireless network will appear as when you view available networks)
- Optional (though recommended): Click the Tools tab and then the Admin button. Enter in a new password for the Administrator and click Apply.
- I am giving the DI-624 a static IP address as it is not ever being turned off… so. Click the Home tab and click the LAN button.
- Enter in the IP Address you are going to give the DI-624, enter 255.255.255.0 for the Subnet mask, leave Local Domain Name blank and make sure that DNS Relay is DISABLED (this was the setting causing me the problem with not getting internet access) and click Apply.
- Click the Status tab and write down the MAC Address of the LAN (if you are doing MAC filtering on your gateway router, as I am).
- Click the Home tab and the DHCP button.
- Set DHCP Server to Disabled and click Apply.
You are now done setting up the DI-624. Now connect to the gateway router and set up the MAC filter and static IP address of the wireless router. Connect the DI-624 to the DI-604 router via one of the 4 LAN outlets. You may have to unplug the device and turn it back on to get all the settings to work properly, but it should just work as is. Connect to your DI-624 with your wireless device. You should now be getting network and internet access via your DI-624.
Hope this helps.